Event: Wedding of Seanna & Garrett
Day: November 10th, 2010
Location: Citizen Hotel, Sacramento, CA
Seanna and Garrett — A Vintage Romance With a Modern Day Twist
Written by Allison Hopkins for Très Fabu Event Planning and Design
Seanna described the vision of her wedding as shabby, elegant, whimsy, and vintage… with a dash of girly-girl!
The Citizen Hotel in downtown Sacramento, California is a boutique hotel known for its fabulous ‘rat pack’ forties charm! The venue was perfect; it had the rustic brick and the black grilled framed windows Seanna adored, coupled with the soft, permanent fabric-lined rooftop on the hotel’s Metropolitan Terrace. A truly perfect backdrop.
- A table with past wedding pictures from many family members welcomed the guests when they came off the elevators. This table also had a fabulous hat from the early 80s that Seanna’s mother wore on her wedding day. It received many wild comments!
- A vintage frame from the 40s with a welcome sign was hanging in a tall iron birdcage stand; another table had a vintage chandelier donned with candles in silver fleur-de-lis candleholders.
- A Wedding Wishes book from the 40s, laden with pearls; a tall stand filled with little pearls; a crown; and a silver tray with S&G tags underneath a dome of glass.
- “Thank You” paddles and an “S&G” sign was hung over the bar on a vintage mirror.
- Heart-shaped escort cards were showcased during the cocktail hour to direct guests to their dinner table.
- Wooden table numbers had been created by the bride with supplies from local craft stores in Portland, Oregon. Utilizing her love of paper, she found scrapbook paper pieces (different in their patterns but similar in the color palate) and she painted all the wooden numbers and wooden frames in white, and assembled them all together. They truly added a perfect element of charm to each table.
- The wedding menus were handwritten and greeted each guest when they found their table. Simple and charming.
- The champagne linens on the tables had a creamy damask pattern running throughout that served as a wonderful base for the various pink, cream, and white florals of different heights—these arrangements were placed in vintage mercury glass containers, some new and some old. Soft pink satin napkins and silver chivari chairs, which tied in with the floral containers, complemented the table linens.
The flowers encompassed her love of pinks (some soft and brighter hues), creams, and whites; all in both new vintage silver looking vases and actual vintage vases. Her bouquet was tied in vintage lace and modern day satin ribbon, with a vintage pearl broach and a picture of her and her sweet Dad. He unfortunately lost his four year battle to cancer a few months after hiring our Tres Fabu Events entourage and the whole wedding team took to Seanna with extra “wedding wings” to carry her through to the day.
Seanna’s inspirational image for the cake design was all pink — bright pinks, pink feathers, pink everything. Debra (Très Fabu Events) took this design and reworked it. She added more cream color into the concept of the cake, cream diamond tufts, pink flowers, a vintage crown jewel from the 20s, and jewel pieces to make it slightly more appropriate for a wedding. Debra kept in mind Seanna’s vision of “shabby/elegant/whimsy/vintage/with a dash of girly-girl,” as she would state throughout the planning process to everyone involved. Each side of the cake had a double handled vintage silver tray with two apothecary jars filled with various candies (all in pink), and silver organza bags for the guests to fill to their hearts desire.